Tom Aspaul’s debut album Black Country Disco was one of the most joyous musical releases of 2020. The collection of West Midlands contemporary disco gems soared through the likes of Tender, W.M and Traces. These tracks get an exciting re-working on the freshly dropped Black Country Discothèque with a plethora of hugely talented collaborators ranging from contemporary queer pop favourites including Bronze Avery, Max Lawrence and Michael Medrano to bona fide musical royalty Kim Wilde.
Fellow talented artists Foxgluvv, Bright Light Bright Light, Initial Talk, MNEK and Brendan Maclean make up just a few more of the other sterling collaborators which bring further energy to the original compositions. As well as reworkings of the original Black Country Disco tracks, the Discothèque brings new additions including The Program (with Funk LeBlanc & Madeleine Wood) and a joyously queerified version Robin Thicke’s Wanna Love U Boy.
Tom has also revealed details of the Revenge Body Tour. Tickets are available here.
Check out the full tracklist below. Stream Black Country Discothèque underneath.
- Black Country Intro (Tom Ashlee Remix)
- Close 2 Me (feat. Foxgluvv) (Hen Remix)
- Carnelian (Bright Light Bright Light Remix)
- Tender (Eric Spike Remix)
- Traces (MNEK Remix)
- Euston (Stats Remix)
- W.M. (feat. Kim Wilde) (Initial Talk Remix)
- Dead Already (Save Yourself) (lau.ra Remix)
- 01902 (feat. Bronze Avery) (Bronze Avery Remix)
- Black Country Disco (Max Lawrence)
- The Program (with Funk LeBlanc & Madeleine Wood)
- Tender 2 (with Funk LeBlanc)
- Wanna Love U Boy (feat. Michael Medrano)
- Prime Time (feat. Brendan Maclean)
- B.C.D. Megamix (with Country Club Martini Crew)
- W.M. (Midland Metro Extended Mix)
- 01902 (Deliciously Extended Mix)