We had hoped to post this over the weekend, but our Glasgow Film Festival coverage has taken over a little bit. Anyway, guess what? RuPaul has a new studio album out! Titled Born Naked the album is Ru’s sixth in total and sees the performer team-up with Champion and Glamazon super-producer Lucian Piane.
Glamazon was a modern masterpiece, so needless to say Born Naked has a tough task on its hands following up to that. Highlights include the gorgeous Can I Get An Amen? which sees the legendary drag superstar team up with Martha Wash (for a second time since It’s Raining Men P2), Let the Music Play featuring fellow Drag Race icon Michelle Visage, and pop-rock anthem Born Naked with Clairy Browne.
There may be more features than a Mariah Carey LP, but this is unmistakably a RuPaul album – and certainly worth the near-three year wait.
You can see the tracklist below:
1. Freaky Money (feat. Big Freedia)
2. Sissy That Walk
3. Geronimo (feat. Lucian Piane)
4. Dance With U
5. Adrenaline (feat. Myah Marie)
6. Can I Get An Amen (feat. Martha Wash)
7. Fly Tonight (feat. Frankmusik)
8. Modern Love
9. Let The Music Play (feat. Michelle Visage)
10. Born Naked (feat. Clairy Browne)